5 - 6 slices of day old bread
1/3 cup of melted butter
½ cup raisins
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups milk
¾ cup sugar
4 eggs beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break or cut bread into bite sized pieces.
3. Place bread pieces into 8 inch square baking dish or pan.
4. Lightly pour melted butter evenly over bread pieces.
5. Sprinkle with raisins.
6. In separate mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Beat ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
7. Pour mixture over bread and push down with spoon until bread is fully covered and soaking up mixture.
8. Place in preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until top springs back when touched or a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven at allow to stand for 10 -15 minutes.
10. Can be served hot or cold.Serves 6