Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Stuffed Mushroom Caps (yield 48 pieces)
White mushrooms, medium 60
Clarified butter 2 oz
Onion, minced 4 oz
Flour 1 Tbsp
Cream 35% 4 oz
Shrimp or crabmeat, chopped 4 oz
Fresh parsley, chopped 2 Tbsp
Salt & pepper to taste
Swiss cheese, shredded 2 oz
1) Wash the mushrooms. Remove and chop the stems and 12 of the caps.
2) Sauté the whole mushroom caps in 1 oz of clarified butter until partially cooked but still firm. Remove from the pan and reserve.
3) Add the remaining butter to the pan. Sauté the onion and chopped mushrooms until dry.
4) Add the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
5) Add the shellfish and parsley, season to taste with salt & pepper; stir to combine. Remove from the pan and cool slightly.
6) Stuff the mushroom caps with the shellfish mixture and sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese.
7) Bake the mushrooms at 350’F until hot, approximately 10 – 15 minutes.