1 1/2 pounds Swordfish steaks, cut into 1-inch chunks
5 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
3 medium Tomatoes, chopped
1 small Eggplant, diced
2 medium Red Bell Peppers, diced
2 medium Zucchini, diced
3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
4 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice, divided
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
3 tbsp chopped fresh Basil or Parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat 3 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until it is softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, and zucchini, and lower the heat to medium-low.
3. Cook the mixture at a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Add half the lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the basil and transfer ratatouille to a serving platter.
5. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and raise heat to medium-high. Add the fish and cook, stirring, until golden around the edges and done to taste inside, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in the remaining lemon juice and serve immediately, on top of the ratatouille. Servings: 4
Source: Gorton's of Gloucester