Southern Style Peach Cobbler
2 large cans sliced peaches
½ cup butter
½ cup white granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 packs of cobbler mix
1. Pour sliced peaches with juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, butter, vanilla extract into medium sized pot over medium heat.
2. Add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to ½ cup of cold water and stir.
3. Slowly add cornstarch to simmering peach mixture until slightly thickened, may not require all cornstarch. 4. Remove mixture from heat.
5. Prepare cobbler mix according to instructions.
6. Pour prepared cobbler mix into baking pan.
7. Place peach mixture on top of cobbler mix. Do Not Stir or Mix.
8. Place pan in 375 degree preheated oven.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust rises above peach mixture and turns golden brown.
10. Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 - 10 Servings.