1 Chicken 3 - 4 pounds (quartered)
16 oz. barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
12 self lighting charcoal briquettes
1. Pile briquettes under barbecue grill in a pyramid shape.
2. Light and allow to flame until briquettes turn white ash hot.
3. After washing chicken dab pieces with paper towel.
4. Lightly coat chicken pieces with vegetable oil.
5. Mix onion powder, garlic powder, pepper in small bowl and mix.
6. Rub mixture over chicken pieces.
7. Spray Pam vegetable oil on grill or rub with vegetable oil.
8. Place chicken on grill skin side up.
9. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. When juices start to flow to the surface of meat turn with tongs. Avoid poking with fork, this losing juices and dries out meat.
10. Cook on other side for 10 - 12 minutes. When juices are clear chicken is done.
11. Apply barbecue sauce on one side cook for 3 minutes.
12. Turn chicken and apply barbecue sauce on the other side and cook for 3 minutes.
13. Place chicken in serving pan, Serves 4 - 6.