Winners of the 2024 RANS Restaurant Awards
SOCIAL MEDIA AWARD
Winner: Studio East
Sponsor: Boyneclarke LLP
LOCAL HERO AWARD
Winner: Wiley's by the Wharf
Sponsor: Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AWARD
Winner: White Sails Bakery & Deli
Sponsor: Westland Insurance & Westland MYGROUP
BEST BEVERAGES AWARD
Winner: Dear Friend Bar
BEST LIMITED-SERVICE RESTAURANT
Winner: Vandel Doughnuts
BEST ATMOSPHERE AWARD
Winner: The Bicycle Thief
Sponsor: Bishop's Cellar
BEST OUTDOOR DINING EXPERIENCE
Winner: Sea Smoke Restaurant
Sponsor: Foodbuy Canada
BEST RESTAURANT CAPE BRETON
Winner: Bras D’Or Lakes Inn
BEST RESTAURANT OUTSIDE HRM
Winner: Lightfoot & Wolfville
BEST RESTAURANT HRM
Winner: Oxalis Restaurant
BEST NEW RESTAURANT
Winner: Fawn Restaurant
Sponsor: Sysco Foodservice
How does it work?
There are 4 parts to the Nova Scotia Restaurant Awards:
1. First you nominate your business in any of the 9 categories (see listed below). Nominations close November 13, 2023.
2. Once the nominations are closed there will be a public voting period starting November 17, 2023. Tag @restassocns on Instagram and make sure to share with your community!
3. After the public vote, the top three nominees will be chosen and placed in front of a panel of judges to determine the winner.
4. Presentation of the awards at the Nova Scotia Restaurants Awards Gala will take place this winter, location and date details to be determined.
The Nova Scotia Restaurant Awards are self-nominated! Tell us why your
restaurant deserves an award!
To Qualify for the Nova Scotia Restaurant Awards
A representative from the establishment must nominate the establishment in order to be considered:
- Nominees can apply for multiple categories
- All qualified nominees must be in Nova Scotia
- Nominees must be operational (ie: cannot be recently closed permanently or prior to the establishment being open)
- Nominees can be seasonal or year-round businesses
The 2024 Nova Scotia Restaurant Awards will include the following categories:
- Best Restaurant Awards (HRM, Cape Breton, Outside HRM)
- Best Limited-Service Restaurant Award
- Community Engagement Award
- Best Beverages Award
- Best Atmosphere Award
- Best Outdoor Dining Experience Award
- Social Media Award
- Local Hero Award
- Best New Restaurant Award
- Hospitality Award*
*The Hospitality Award is not part of the self-nomination phase. It is nominated in the public voting phase only.